The International School Award by British Council rewards schools that have shown a commitment to embedding international awareness and understanding within their class and school.
This enables schools to complete collaborative, curriculum-based work with the involvement of some international partner schools and the broader community.
This International School Award journey provides the students in learning new ways to develop and embed international education in the school.
This program provides an opportunity for young learners in developing
- an increased knowledge, awareness and tolerance about other countries, cultures and languages
- confidence in communicating with people from different backgrounds
- more skills to successfully live and work in a global and mobile society
- literacy skills when writing stories and letters for specific audiences
- Students begin to develop confidence with their foreign language skills
- Pupils to create important links with schools abroad to exchange knowledge and skills