Increasingly, schools in India and abroad are including Entrepreneurship Education as part of their curriculums. Entrepreneurship education is vital to the growth and development of students. This is because entrepreneurship education benefits students from all socioeconomic backgrounds. It also teaches students to think outside the box and helps nurture unconventional talents and skills. What’s more, that’s not all…it creates opportunity, ensure social justice, instils confidence and stimulates the economy!
So while most schools have agreed and understood that introducing entrepreneurship education in their schools is imperative, what exactly is entrepreneurship education? Entrepreneurship education can be defined as “a collection of formalized teachings that informs, trains, and educates anyone interested in participating in socioeconomic development through a project to promote entrepreneurship awareness, business creation, or small business development.”
It is vital that students be exposed to entrepreneurship education as early as possible, as it helps students develop real-world skills that will help them lead exceptional lives in a rapidly changing world. Students learn to understand the product development lifecycle, come up with their own unique business proposals, and deliver multiple pitch presentations.
Students also learn how to collaborate and work with a team; how to speak and present in public; how to collect and analyse data; how to use social media as an advocacy tool; how to solve real, complex problems, and how to use curiosity and creativity to come up with innovative answers to complex questions.
The importance of entrepreneurship education is well-established. Entrepreneurship education does not just benefit students who are in the fields of science, technology, and business. Students or art, music, and the humanities can also benefit from entrepreneurship education. There are certain benefits of entrepreneurship education. Here are five of them…
- It prepares students for an uncertain future: This is an age of profound change with both global and technological transformation. Today’s school students face an uncertain future with complex global, social, and environmental issues. A World Economic Forum survey states that by 2055 most jobs will be automated. This will result in completely new roles, responsibilities, and challenges for the future workforce. Work as we know it, will change, and even disappear. Entrepreneurship education programs teach students crucial life skills that will help them navigate this uncertain future. These skills include teamwork, empathy, problem-solving, and learning to live with and accept failure as part of the growth process.
- It enhances creativity and collaboration: In this time of increased competition, opportunities to collaborate with others have become increasingly scarce. Entrepreneurship education encourages creativity, collaboration, and innovation. These attributes are very valued by the top colleges and the top employers of the world and will serve your child well beyond middle and high school.
- It teaches problem identification: Students need to learn to identify problems before they can solve them. While problem solving has been taught in schools, the same cannot be said for problem identification. Entrepreneurship education teaches students to identify problems that they have never encountered before, thereby acquiring a skill that will be very useful in tomorrow’s world.
- It helps develop grit: Grit consists of passion and sustained persistence applied towards long-term achievement. According to a study, grit will define success more than grades, socioeconomic status, or intelligence. The entrepreneurship journey is an uncertain one and requires more passion and sustained persistence than most other activities. This makes entrepreneurship education ideal for developing grit in your children.
- It helps make the world a better place: Entrepreneurs seek to meet needs, solve problems, and ease pain points with the help of their products and services. They make a difference, as well as make the world a better place. By participating in entrepreneurship education, students don’t just become ready to shape their own futures, they become ready to shape the world, making it a better place.
There are many entrepreneurship education skills that can be incorporated into the school curriculum. Some of them are learning a business, language skills, thinking skills, imagining, and research skills. These are just some of the benefits of entrepreneurship education at school.
At Vikas, The Concept School, we have invested heavily in entrepreneurship education for our students and in entrepreneurship development in education. We believe that entrepreneurship teaches them important life skills that will stay with them throughout their lives and their academic and non-academic journeys. We concentrate on the overall development of our students, one at a time, thereby making them complete global citizens.
Vikas, a K-12 institution has been a pioneer in delivering holistic education with a blend of academic and cultural activities within a technologically and globally connected environment, over the last 3 decades. Vikas is honoured with various International and National awards from the British Council, Brainfeed and other reputed organizations in the areas of excellence and performance. Vikas has given this nation more than 1 Lakh Engineers and 10000+ Doctors. To foster 21st Century Skills, Vikas established the ATL Labs, Robotics Lab, Artificial Intelligence and Entrepreneurship Courses.
Vikas, The Concept School | +91 7702900900 | www.vikasconcept.comRead More