In middle school, our curriculum focuses on helping students to become independent learners and preparing them to succeed in higher level emphasizing the concept methodology.
Vikas –The Concept School Curriculum supports the young learner in :
- Developing independent learning strategies and study skills.
- Deepening their reading comprehension and writing skills.
- Applying the concepts of Mathematics, Science, Social Science and Language skills in day to day life and in preparing for higher level learning.
Our framework for learning helps middle School children interested and engaged with:
- Projects that apply learning to day to day life and are catered to their needs and interests.
- Hands-on experience and utilisation of resources available in the child’s environment.
- Activities that encourage them to think individually and makes learning meaningful.
- Integrating assessment into the learning process, it emphasises on a learner friendly approach in the development of instructional materials.
- Languages - English, Hindi, Telugu, Sanskrit and French
- Social Science
- Health and Physical Education
- Work Education
- Art Education
No man is an island. ‘Living with others’ in the present global perspective has become as significant as ‘living for oneself’. Therefore, VIKAS places a considerable thrust on the development of healthy inter-personal relationships amongst the students. All the curricular and co-curricular activities are designed in a fashion that would leave ample scope for teamwork and group interaction thus achieving the aim of promoting inter-personal relationships.
An array of literary and cultural events await each Vikasian, to be explored and enjoyed. Essay Writing for creative expression, Elocution for effective public speaking, debate for logical presentation of reasoning, singing, dancing, drawing and painting for honing the higher tastes of the mind are just to mention a few.
The school provides for professional training in field events like tennis, kho-kho, volleyball, basketball etc., and athletic events like runs, jumps, sprints, shot-put etc. There are also a number of indoor games to suit the interests of each child. The idea is to channelise the bubbling energies of the children towards a healthy, fruitful activity so that they would emerge with strong bodies, mature minds and clean thoughts at the end of schooling.
All the students are given a course in Value Education which teaches a student his/her obligations towards God, himself/herself, his/her country and fellowmen. Parents are advised to encourage their wards to practise these values. Every student is encouraged to practise his/her own religion faithfully and to respect other religions.
All the programmes at VIKAS are planned to realize the four-fold objectives of education as emphasized even by the UNO:
‘Learning to Learn
- Winner of Declamation conducted at Glendale SchoolSeptember 9, 2019
- Hyderabad Sahodaya Schools Complex (BHEL Cluster) Kabaddi WinnersSeptember 9, 2019
The school where a child spends 7-8 hours a day, I have never regretted any time spent through my 9 years in Vikas. Over the course of the year I have created lasting relationships with my teachers and peers. My highly inquisitive nature was welcomed by my teachers who have become an indispensable part of my life. Today I consider Vikas to be my haven for knowledge, always ready to help.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Entrepreneurial Education for our learners…
Parents, custodians and educators aspire the children to be independent and be prepared for the future. But are they challenged
VIKAS - The Reputed One
The reputation of the school rules. Knowing that the school offered programs which has been operating successfully for years. While
The School you are looking for!!!
To provide a solid foundation in academics need to tackle progressively. Children deserve the very best possible education in primary,